Sunday 10 June 2012

Visa - Very Important Stressful Application

Okay in all honesty the application for a visa is a lot easier than the title makes it seem. For Canada unless you are studying for more than 6 months you don't even need to do anything (unless you're coming from a country which needs a temporary resident visa in order to get into the country). For those studying for more than 6 months you need to apply for a Study Permit.

This website is the place to go to start visa applications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

I applied online (because my laptop refused to load the file to print off!) and actually it was pretty straightforward. I had a minor issue as typed in passport number incorrectly (DON'T do this...it doesn't help things!) but once I got over that it was all good. You need a scanner if you do it online as you have to scan documents in. Hopefully I scanned everything in correctly and filled everything in fine and in 33 days I should be getting my visa through.

Now just to do insurance and book flights and then I'll be in Canada! SCARY! In my next blog I'll try and cover some general stuff about the Uni of Calgary and just how fantastic they've been even in this short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment